Buy tickets here at the store.
FOUR (4) Beautiful Sailplanes – 2 x F3J and 2 Beautiful F5J Models available in the 2022 Raffle. This is unprecedented. Never has there been 4 full size competition sailplanes in a Soaring Raffle. Grab your tickets in this fabulous raffle now! We are still adding new Prizes to the 2022 Team Raffle. We will have many thousands of dollars in prizes for you to share in!
Soaring USA has been the primary Team Sponsor for many years and many lucky ticket buyers have won F3J models donated by Soaring USA. Bob Breaux has once again committed to be the Major team Sponsor and is donating some amazing Xplorer goodness for lucky Ticket buyers. Yes – the Super Grand Prize will surely be an Xplorer!
Kennedy Composites and Barry Kennedy, Horizon Hobby and MKS Servos USA have also been terrific sponsors in the past and they continue to support the F3J Team in 2022. The raffle draw will take place in September 2022 after the World Championships and will take place “live” on the RCGroups official thread.
Please check back here regularly as the list of prizes are added. You can buy tickets from here and they are priced according to the chart below. The tickets are generated electronically online after your purchase and the ticket numbers will be emailed to you.
• 1 for $5.00
• 3 for $10.00
• 7 for $20.00
• 20 for $50.00
• 50 for $100.00
• 125 for $200.00
• 400 for $500.00
• 1000 for $1000.00
Special Buy 2 Get 1 Free Deal on Tickets is available for a limited time until after the Worlds Aug 6th. Buy some now. Don’t miss out!
- SUPER Grand Prize Number 1. – THE WINNINGEST F3J SAILPLANE IN THE WORLD – The all new X3 Xplorer ST Lite 3.8 from Bob Breaux of Soaring USA. There is no more winning sailplane than this sweet model. What more could you ask for. Never has there been such a sought after Grand Prize as this.
The New X3 3800 F3J Lite features a brand new airfoil and lighter Spread Tow lay-up than ever before. This new Lite layup offers improved torsional strength, improved overall stiffness, and a significant reduction in weight!! The Spread Tow Lite Lay-up is the choice of the top contest pilots around the world due to it’s amazing strength to weight ratio. Nikolay at NAN Models has been working hard on the production of this new model for some time, and once again, it has proven to be a winner! Thanks Bob… Your support of soaring in USA is simply amazing.
Wing Area 1176 sq. in.
Airfoil NAN F3J
Weight 60 oz
- SUPER Grand Prize Number 2. – An F5J Explorer BF 4000 Super Light. This brand new model will be donated by the USA Soaring Team Pilots, Jeff DuVal, Josh Glaab and Neal Huffman along with Bob Breaux of Soaring USA. The F5J Explorer BF 4-meter super light thermal duration sailplane is a unique competition sailplane with larger aileron and Flaps for better slow speed control. Simply the best for F5J or relaxing Sunday fun flying! Bigger flap and matching aileron chord widths increase variable camber efficiency and landing zone accuracy!
Wingspan 157 in (4000 mm)
Wing Area 1344 sq.in. (86.7 dm²)
Airfoil NAN F3J
Length 61 in (1550 mm)
Weight 32.45 oz (920 g) empty
Motor type NeuMotor 1102/3.5Y/5.8 (P22)
Battery config 3s LiPo
Tail Area: 137 sq.in. (8.8 dm²)
Maximum Current 50 amps
- SUPER Grand Prize Number 3 – THE Supra Pro – Ready to Fly. This model has been generously donated by Team Pilot Josh Glaab and was built and flown to 4th place in the 2009 F3J Team Selection event by Josh. The Supra Pro is fitted out with JR DS-368 servos all around and weighs in at 62oz. The receiver is a Spektrum 9310 with 2000 mah eneloop 5 cell battery. The plane bag in th photo is included also. This aircraft first flew in 2009 and Josh flew it for two seasons. With the 4th placing in Denver at the 2009 Team Selections it is clearly an extremely competitive model (Particularly now with the new F3J wing loading rules..) It is a great flying aircraft. (Josh may also yet supply a DX9 with the model.) This is a helluva good model and we commend Josh for his generosity. Vladimir Models creations have won all over the world and Joe Wurts has not only assisted in the development of some of the finest sailplanes available but wins consistently with them also.
Wing Area 1075 sq. in.
Airfoil AG 40/ AG 41/ AG 42/ AG 43
Weight 62.0 oz
- SUPER Grand Prize Number 4 – THE SAILPLANE – A New Vladimir Models Surprise! – This model is being donated by Barry Kennedy of Kennedy Composites and the USA F3J Soaring Team. Barry’s support of USA soaring over the last decade is legendary and we thank him once again for stepping up and contributing to our Raffle.
The PLUS model is the most innovative F5J model out there and is a distinctively different model on any flying field! Vladimir Models creations have won all over the world and Joe Wurts has not only assisted in the development of some of the finest sailplanes available but wins consistently with them also. Please thank Barry for bringing in these great models and for his kindness and support of our Team.
Wing Area 1108 sq in
Weight 37.7oz flying
- Major Prize Number 5 – THE amazing NEW iX20 20-Channel DSMX Transmitter. – The very generous folks at Horizon Hobby have once again stepped up to support RC Soaring in USA by donating their flagship Radio which is arguably the best RC Tx on the planet. The Spektrum iX20 Smart transmitter integrates the power of touch and voice interface capabilities with broad connectivity for control that goes beyond the luxury of its smooth hall-effect gimbals and the feel of a perfectly balanced ergonomic platform.
Spektrum iX20 Transmitter
10,500mAh Li-Ion Transmitter Battery Pack (Installed)
Custom Carrying Case
Custom Neck Strap
Short and Long Optional Stick Ends
USB Magnetic Adapter Cable
Magnetic Micro USB Adapter (Shown Installed)
Orange Grip Set
Quick Start Guide
iX20 Decal set
- Major Prize Number 6 – THE very popular Spektrum DX9 Radio. – Team Pilot and Spektrum Team Pilot Josh Glaab has donated this fabulous radio along with the very generous folks at Horizon Hobby. This competition-level radio is at home in the hands of a glider pilot and F3A aerobatic champions alike. It features a 2000mAh 2S Transmitter battery, AR9020 9 Channel DSMX Receiver, an SD Card
and a 12V global Power Supply. The Sailplane Mode has 10mFlight Modes, Dual Rates and Expo, 5 wing types, 3 Tail typesFlap delay and elevator comp, Dual rates and expo plus 10 programmable Mixes. The Tx has Voice Alerts and a 250 Model memory with ModelMatch Technology. Dx9 includes a Timer, a Servo monitor and much much more.
The DX9 lets you keep tabs on important functions without ever taking your eyes off what you’re flying. You can program voice alerts to call out what flight mode you’ve chosen or report telemetry information on demand. You can monitor the model’s battery voltage, signal quality, engine or motor temperature, airspeed, altitude and more. If an alarm goes off, you won’t have to look at the transmitter display to see what’s happening. The DX9 will tell you. With the Wireless Trainer Link DX9 users have the ability to wirelessly link up with other Spektrum transmitters and specially-equipped Spektrum FPV headsets. Once bound to another transmitter or component, ModelMatch™ technology will allow the DX9 to re-link without having to go through the bind process again.
- Prize Number 7 from Peter Goldsmith Designs is the Beautiful Nostalgic Sapphire Sailplane designed by Peter Goldsmith.
Weight: 3.5-4lbs (1.4-1.6kg)
Span: 96″ (2.45m)
Length: 75.6 (1.92m)
2-3ch: 2 Servos
64mm EDF thrust system
Many of us have wonderful memories running through fields chasing free flight models. One of the latest revelations in RC is to relive those classic times resizing some of the classic free flight models and making them RC.
Although the Sapphire is of no particular model, it still captures the essential look and flight performance of the period. If your interested in reliving aero modeling from the 50’s or just want to enjoy the simple relaxing pleasure of a retro design, this could be the model for you. The Sapphire makes a perfect light lift slope model or if you dont have a slope handy, you can install the 64MM EDF for propulsion..
It also makes for a great first time build project.
Kit includes all laser cut parts, full size plan, pushrods, control horns, sheeting, spar stock, just choose your favorite covering and RC equipment and you will have all you need to get this classic design into the air.
- Prize Numbers 8 and 9 – THE BEST SERVOS IN THE WORLD – MKS Servos USA are providing two pairs of HV6130 servos – the finest High Voltage glider wing servos on the planet.
This is a market first with Coreless motor technology in a 10mm thick wing servo! Motor Type – Coreless Motor, Potentiometer Drive – Direct Drive, Bearing Type – 3 x Ball Bearings + 2x Jewel Bearing, Gear Type – Metal Alloy gear, Dimensions – 30x10x29.8 mm (1.1811X0.39X1.17 in), Weight -23g (0.81oz)
Never has a glider servo been so accurate and tight! This is what we all have been searching for!! TheHV6130 has a full CNC Aluminum case that has been milled to the highest of tolerances. MKS are used now by more competition pilots than any other simply because there is no servo more precise or better. Nearly all USA Team pilots in F3J, F3B and F3F use MKS for this reason. Once you have tried MKS, you will know you have tried the very best!
- Prize Number 10 and 11 – THE BEST SERVOS IN THE WORLD – MKS Servos USA are providing two pair of HV6110 wing servos (or HV6100 rudder/elevator servos) – MKS the finest High Voltage glider servos on the planet. The all new MKS HV6110 use Brushless motor technology in a 10mm thick wing servo!
Motor Type Coreless Motor
Potentiometer Drive Direct Drive
Driver Type FET
Bearing Type 2 Jewel Bearing + 1 Bronze Bushing
Gear Type Metal + Aluminum-magnesium alloy Gears
Connector Wire Length 15.0 cm (5.9 in)
Dimensions 22.5X10X23.5 mm (0.89x 0.39x 0.93 in)
Weight 10 g (0.35 oz)
The lightest, tightest glider servos you can buy! This is what we all have been searching for!! MKS are used now by more competition pilots than any other simply because there is no servo more precise or better. Nearly all USA Team pilots in F3J, F3B and F3F use MKS for this reason. Once you have tried MKS, you will know you have tried the very best!
- Prize Number 12 and 13 – THE BEST SERVOS IN THE WORLD – MKS Servos USA are providing two pair of the HV69 servos – the finest High Voltage glider servos on the planet.
Motor Type Coreless Motor
Potentiometer Drive Direct Drive
Bearing Type 2x Ball bearing
Gear Type Metal Alloy Gear
Dimensions 29 x 13 x 28.7 mm
Weight 21 g
MKS are used now by more competition pilots than any other simply because there is no servo more precise or better. Nearly all USA Team pilots in F3J, F3B and F3F use MKS for this reason. Once you have tried MKS, you will know you have tried the very best!
- Prize Number 14 – Manny of Graupner USA has kindly donated the biggest and baddest charger Graupner has ever made. Capable of high-speed balance charging with 1400W max (700W per port) power. Quickly charge two LiPo batteries simultaneously with ease! The most powerful charger ever made by Graupner, the Polaron EX1400 charger may well be the last charger you will ever buy. Dual channels provide up to 700W at 8S each totaling 1400W of power. Like all other Graupner Polaron chargers the EX1400 supports most battery types available on the market. The Polaron EX1400 is a powerful two channel charger that requires a 24V-28V power supply to make full use of its potential. At this input voltage the charger performs with greater efficiency which allows for these performance levels.
• Charges LiPo, Li-Ion, LiHV, LiFePO4/A123(up to 8 cells), NIMH-NICD(up to 16 cells), 1-12 Pb Lead Acid cells per channel
• Up to 30 amp charge rate per channel
• 11-28V DC Input voltage
• Max 700W-24V per channel; Max 350W-12V per channel
• Supports two channel battery synchronization
• Full color 3″ TFT LCD touch display with Stylus pen
• Comes with built-in Dataport and supplied USB cable
• Includes two battery temperature sensors
• Includes two 8S JST-XH balance boards
• 40 User-definable memory positions
• Dual cooling fans for reduced temps during charging
• USB 5V output 2.5A
• Dimensions: 3.47 x 8.00 x 7.73″
• Weight: 48.25oz (3.01 lbs), 1368g
• 2-year guarantee(comes with warranty card)
- Prize Number 15 – The NXT Sport F3K Model by Tom Siler – -Tom is a talented designer and builder of F3K models and the Stream NXT shown in the picture here is based on his NXT design. Tom has graciously donated an NXT Sport to the F3J Team and we are indebted to his kindness.
- Prize Number 16 – Aloft Hobbies the largest distributor of FrSky have generously donated their flagship HORUS X10S Express Transmitter in silver. FrSky have combined the best features of the X9D and the X12 into a new very desirable radio. It has great looks, the best color screen in the business, Hall Effect gimbals, great ergonomics and basically everything else people have been asking for on previous FrSky radios. The Horus X10/S Express uses the ACCESS communication protocol. The X10S Express has 24 fully proportional channels with a faster baud rate and the latency has been lowered. A new RF board has been introduced that is capable of running ACCESS and the D16 Protocols. Another new feature is the spectrum analyzer that allows a pilot to check the 2.4Ghz band for noise before flying.
• High-speed module digital interface with installed ACCESS protocol
• Supports spectrum analyzer function and new PARA wireless training system with a lower latency
• Compatible with FrSky Free Link App and AirLink S via mobile devices
• Dual internal antennas and a single detachable external antenna work in unison to create a robust link
• Antenna detection and SWR warning
• Supports 2S Li-battery balancing charge with Mini USB interface and easily accessible battery compartment
• MC12P all CNC digital higher accuracy ten bearings hall sensor gimbals and extendable stick ends
• 24 channels and High Resolution TFT, Transflective Screen, visible in direct sunlight
• Audible Speech Alerts (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
• Safety power switch (no accidental power downs)
• FrSky FrTX OS with option to install OpenTX
• Protected Internal Antennas
• JR Style Module Bay (to expand you RF options)
• Full Telemetry · RSSI indication and alarms
• USB and SD card slot for system expansion (*SD card not included)
• Data Logging and Trainer Port
Frsky has incorporated a highly sought after change in the X10S Express; a battery compartment door! No more worrying about running out of juice before the flying day is over.
- Prize Numbers 17, 18 and 19 – Graves RC are the largest Hobby Shop in Central Florida and John Graves has generously donated 3…. YES that’s THREE of the very popular Taranis Plus X9D Transmitters with the charger and EVA case. The Plus version has everything the normal Taranis includes plus a higher quality, better contrast LCD display and haptic feedback built in. You still get the great new sliders, the big low self discharge battery, and all of the other great things you have come to expect from FrSky. FrSky is well known for the frequency hopping ACCST technology taking advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band resulting in excellent range and reliability. FrSky knows many things can affect the connection between Transmitter and receiver so RSSI (receiver signal strength indication) is incorporated into all telemetry receivers. The Taranis transmitter is continually monitoring the reception quality at the aircraft.
Taranis X9D Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter (Mode 2 version), Eva Case, Charger, 1x 6-cell 2000mAh NiMH Transmitter Battery and Neck Strap.
• Compatibility: FrSky X series,D series and V8-ll series receives(plus other receivers if an external module is used)
• Operating Voltage Range: 6 ~ 15V(2S,3S Lipos are acceptable)
• Operating Current: 270mA maximum(both RF module and backlit are on)
• Number of Channels: Up to 16 channels
• Operating Temperature Range: -10~60℃
- Prize Number 20 and 21 are TWO very, very cool 3D Printed CG measuring machines custom made for your enjoyment by ESL soaring pilot Joon Kim. Joon said, “This is a 3D printed CG tool. Based on an open source design, this tool completely simplifies one of the most frustrating tasks in setting up your glider, measuring the model’s center of gravity. The scale features 3D printed components, all stainless steel hardware, a bright LCD screen, and an Arduino to take care of the calculations. Powered by a simple 9V battery you are now able to easily, accurately, and repeatably measure any model’s center of gravity.”
Thank you for your support of the F3J Team and your generosity Joon Kim.
- Prize Number 22 – Futaba and Darwin Barry have kindly supplied the Team with a Futaba 14SG – 14-Channel 2.4GHz Computer Radio System with FASSTest tech. Flybarless gyro support. S.Bus programmability. Telemetry. The 14SG has it all. . . and more! Futaba proudly introduces the 14SG, the only 14-channel system with revolutionary 2.4GHz FASSTest technology. It’s also compatible with Futaba FASST and S-FHSS protocols, so you can fly with virtually any 2.4GHz air receiver Futaba produces.
The 14SG can transmit and receive telemetry data. Install Futaba telemetry sensors (sold separately) to monitor flight data, receive alerts while in flight and more. Heli pilots will prefer the 14SG’s 3-axis gyro support — which makes the 14SG the perfect system for flybarless flight! The innovations don’t stop there. Turn the 14SG over, and you’ll see the construction is as rock-solid as any other Futaba system. It’s also very comfortable to use, thanks to rubber grips that help minimize flyer fatigue — an added bonus that pilots will appreciate.
- Prize Number 23 has been provided by the great company DREMEL. The Dremel 3000 Variable Speed Rotary Tool is the workhorse of the Dremel brand. New enhancements such as the EZ Twist “integrated wrench” nose cap allow you to switch between accessories without the Dremel wrench. The 360 degree grip-zone improves balance and comfort while the improved venting and redesigned fan makes the 3000 run cooler and stay comfortable for longer duration jobs. This kit comes with a storage case, 1 attachment and 24 accessories for a versatile tool ready to complete any task. An absolute must in any modellers workshop.
- Prize Numbers 24 through 33 – Zap Adhesives are world renowned premium model products and Frank Tiano Enterprizes have kindly donated 10 fantastic adhesive kits including ZAP Thin CA, ZAP Medium CA, ZAP a Gap Thick CA, ZAP Gel CA, Zap Foam Safe CA and ZAP Kicker and spray. The kits are in a convenient plastic tray and simply perfect to have with you at the flying field for field repairs or stored on your work bench for when you need the best adhesives for your next build. Frank Tiano also has provided the US Soaring Team with extra adhesives for use as team supplies in Slovakia. Please visit Franks website and check out the great range of Zap adhesives available.
- Prize Number 34 is a magnificent knife hand made by Tom Broeski. This is a 440 stainless, custom hollow ground Damascus blade with red and white Corian and blue Micarta handle. The knife has been accessorized with a gorgeous Blue Leather sheath with custom Team USA F3J. As far as how it is made, the best thing is check out his timeline on faceBook. He has posted some pictures here of other things he makes also
Tom is an excellent craftsman and the winner of this beautiful piece will treasure it for ever.
- Prize Number 35 is a pair of knitted custom slippers by Team Pilot Amy Poole. Amy has some amazing knitting skills and has donated a beautiful pair of her knitted woollen slippers. These beauties are Mens Large size and I am sure they will be appreciated next winter by the lucky raffle winner. Thanks Amy for contributing some of your hand made wonders.
Her slippers are extremely popular as this story proves. On Christmas of 2018, Amy received the following email from F3J supporter Steven Bixby:
“In 2016, I won a pair of slippers you made for the F3J raffle. My feet, being boat-like, were a bit big, but my 5’11” fiance loved them. She finally wore holes through them, and I’ve been trying to find replacements. So, is there any chance you are still making these? Would you be able to make me a pair of the same size as the ones I received? If you are still doing these, I would love to get another pair for my fiance, as a belated Christmas gift.”
- Prize Numbers 36, 37 and 38 are simply a work of art! Dimitre Avramov has generously donated three of his ‘own design’ and very desirable 1/2″ Birch Plywood Glider Stands. Each stand comes apart quickly and stores flat for transportation and once assembled this smart looking device comfortably supports 3 sailplanes off the ground. Dimitre’s son Stoil is a junior on the USA Team and we are very thankful for this excellent donation.
- Prize Numbers 39, 40, and 41. – Curtis Suter of Tailwind Gliders has donated one each of his three very informative building DVDs. – Curtis is a very accomplished full size pilot and expert model builder and has given back to the hobby of RC Soaring by compiling these great technical videos to help make you into an expert builder too. The Team recently met Curtis at the F3J in the Desert contest and he was seen there flying a home built F5J sailplane where all the techniques chronicled in his videos were used to create a very nice flying electric.
1st up is “A beginners guide to Cutting and Bagging Foam Wings.” 2nd is “A Beginners Guide to Composite Pod and Boom Fuselages” and 3rd is Curtis’s newest creation “DLG and ALES build – (Using Fundamental Composite Methods.)” Thank you Curtis for giving back to the community.
- Prize Numbers 42 and 43. – Two Red/White and Blue Super Chutes – – Mr Kite, (aka Craig Christensen) not only manufactures the best Soaring winch chutes available but he continues to sponsor FAI Soaring and for that the soaring community should be truly grateful. If it wasn’t for the kindness and absolute commitment of sponsors like Mr Kite we couldn’t compete at a world level in F3J. Check out the amazing range of colors he can make chutes in. And he has donated 2 of his Red/White/and Blue Standard Super Chutes . Thank you once again Craig.
Print This Page