We will be reporting the progress of the USA team every day right here including a selection of photos of the Team and event. Please bookmark this page and come back often. While you are here please also check out the Giant raffle – support your team and take advantage of our ticket sales.
Link to Bulletin 1
Link to Bulletin 2
The team also has a FaceBook Page here. with other daily updates from the Team members.
Mon July 16 – USA Departure
Tue July 17 – Team meets in Brasov
Wed July 18 – Practice day in Brasov
Thu July 19 – Practice Day Brasov
Fri July 20 – Day 1 Romania 100 F3J Cup
Sat July 21 – Day 2 Romania 100 F3J Cup
Sun July 22 – Model Reg & Opening Ceremony
Mon Jul 23 – Day 1 of World Champs
Tue Jul 24 – Day 2 World Champs
Wed Jul 25 – Day 3 World Champs
Thu Jul 26 – Day 4 of World Champs
Fri Jul 27 – Final Day of World Championship
Sat Jul 28 – Reserve day/Sightseeing and Award Ceremony and Banquet
Sun Jul 29 – Departure from Brasov
Mon Jul 30 – A Day in Bucharest and Home
Official Host Nation Romania – Brasov F3J Worlds Website.
Link to Bulletin 1
2018 FAI F3J WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
FOR MODEL GLIDERS FOR SENIORS AND JUNIORS
22nd – 28th of July 2018, BRASOV, ROMANIA
Information Bulletin No. 1
Romanian Modelling Federation
• DATE OF CONTEST
22.07.2018 (Opening Ceremony) – 28.07.2017 (Closing Ceremony)
• ORGANISER AND LOCATION
– Romanian Modelling Federation in co-operation with City Council of Brasov and the Romanian Air Club.
– The contest site is a sportive aerodrome, owned by the Air Club of Brasov and is situated at a distance of 7 km away from Brasov. The city of Brasov is localized at 170 km distance from “Henri Coanda” Bucharest International airport on National Road no. 1. GPS coordinates for location: 45°41’50.2″N 25°31’41.5″E.
– Weather forecast at the end of July is usually good for F3J Class with an average daily temperature of 30oC and moderate wind speed of 2-6 m/s and no more than a short summer rain weekly.
F3J Model Gliders for seniors and juniors
The championship will be run according to:
– FAI Sporting Code Section 4 Aeromodelling CIAM General Rules Volume 2018 Edition.
– FAI Sporting Code Section 4 Aeromodelling Volume F3 2018 Edition.
– FAI General Section and FAI Code of Ethics.
Anti-Doping Statement: if a competitor has to take, for a medical condition, any of the substances listed on the WADA Prohibited List, he must have a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) from the FAI.
FAI Sporting Licence: each competitor and team manager must possess a FAI Sporting Licence valid for the year of the championship. This licence must be registered in the FAI licences database.
Note: The holder of a FAI Sporting Licence may be required to produce an official document bearing his photograph and signature as proof of identity.
Protest: any protest must be presented in writing to the Contest Director and must be accompanied by the deposit of a fee of 50 Euros. The deposit is returned only if the protest is upheld.
• OFFICIAL LANGUAGES
English and Romanian.
• FAI JURY
– Tomas BARTOVSKY, Czech Republic – President of the FAI Jury
– Marin KORDIC, Croatia- Jury Member
– Silvestru VITIKAN, Romania – Jury Member
– Andras REE, Hungary – Jury reserve
– Andrei PETRE, Romania- Jury reserve
• CONTEST DIRECTOR
Sotir LAZARKOV, Bulgaria
• COMPOSITION OF A NATIONAL TEAM
Each National Aeroclub/National Federation, member of the FAI-CIAM may enter a team consisting of:
– team manager
– maximum 3 competitors senior
– maximum 3 competitors junior – age limit 18 years in the year 2018
– according to the FAI Sporting Code, the reigning senior Europen Champion
– according to the FAI Sporting Code, the reigning junior European Champion (referring to the CIAM General Rules 2018; sections C.5.1 and C.5.3. d)
– official helpers, supporters
The reigning Champion has the right (subject to the approval of his NAC) to participate in the championship(s) in that class regardless of whether or not he qualifies for the national team. If he is not a member of the national team, his score or place will not be considered in the team results.
• CLASSIFICATION AND AWARDS
FAI medals and FAI diplomas will be awarded to the competitors seniors and juniors placed first, second and third.
In order to award the title of Junior World Champion, junior competitors from at least four nations must participate.
FAI medals and FAI diplomas will be awarded to each member (including the fourth competitor and the team manager) of the teams placed first, second and third. FAI Trophies
Perpetual trophies will also be awarded.
– F3J Senior Individual – “Neil Webb Trophy”- Present Holder: Hucaljuk Arijan (CRO)
– F3J Senior Team – ”QFI Trophy”- Present Holder: Germany
– F3J Junior Individual – “ERA Technology Trophy”- Present Holder: SHOLOM Nikita (UKR)
– F3J Junior Team – “ERA Technology Trophy”- Germany
The Organiser will offer medals and trophies to the first three in individual and team classification (including the Team Manager).